What is the P-license?

The P-license (passenger transport license) is the driving license for passenger transport with a rental car. Only with this permit are you allowed to transport passengers commercially by car and get paid for it. We can only employ you as a passenger driver if you already have the P-license.


Get the P-License in Your City in Just a Few Steps.

For many cities in Germany, we have written detailed instructions on where you need to go for what. Just click on the list and select your city. The information in your city is no longer correct? Let us know, we’ll take care of it.

Step 1

Check the necessary requirements.

Only apply for a P license if you meet all the requirements:

  • Residence in Germany
  • Minimum age 21 years
  • EU driving license for passenger cars (category B) for at least 2 years
  • Less than “3 points in Flensburg”
  • No entries in the criminal record

Step 2

Medical examination of your fitness to drive.

Only an occupational physician or company doctor can check and confirm your health suitability as a driver for passenger transportation. This examination consists of an eye test, reaction test and functional test. You can choose the doctor yourself. A doctor who carries out all three tests together is cheaper.

If you have already been tested within the last 12 months, you do not need another test. Then follow STEP 3.

The examination costs 100-200 EUR, depending on the doctor. You pay directly at the doctor’s office. Bring your identity card or passport to the examination. If you wear glasses, take your glasses with you for the eye test.

Step 3

Apply for a P-license for rental cars.

Apply for the P-license at the driving license office in your place of residence, in Berlin at a citizens’ office. Submit the application for:

  • a driving license for passenger transport with rental cars (costs: 42.60 EUR)
  • a certificate of good conduct for submission to the authorities (costs: EUR 13.00)

Please note: If your driving license office does not automatically request the certificate of good conduct, go to the citizens’ office in your place of residence, apply for it there yourself and then take it with you to the driving license office.

Pay the costs at the office. Take your identity card (or passport with confirmation of registration), EU driving license and medical certificate of fitness to drive with you.

The processing of your application takes 2-8 weeks, depending on where you live. You will be notified when and where you can collect your P permit.

Step 4

Inform us.

When you have collected your license, let us know. Write an e-mail to jobs[at]ennoo.de. We will then discuss the next steps with you.

When in doubt

Not Sure Where You Fit In?

Together we will find out how you fit into our team. We look forward to hearing from you.

Write us